Kaz Fernandes has worked in many diverse areas of IT for over 15 years. His major areas of technical expertise include:
- Windows application design and development - including C#, Java, Visual Basic .NET, Visual Basic 6 and VBA
- database design and optimization - including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle and MySQL
- user interface design
- IT support, and management of corporate IT environments - including server, network and PC (hardware and software) installation/maintenance/troubleshooting
- data science, data analytics and machine learning - including MATLAB, IBM SPSS, Python, RapidMiner and R
- business process modelling and reengineering
- user training
- production of technical and user documentation
He has extensive commercial experience with a wide range of software packages, and has worked in a variety of application domains (including finance, law, recruitment, tourism, construction and mining).
Kaz has been managing projects and supervising teams successfully for over 10 years. He has experience in all aspects of small business operations – including recruitment, sales, marketing, risk management, and business development.
Kaz holds a Diploma of Information Technology (TAFE NSW), a Bachelor of Computer Science degree (University of Newcastle), and a Master of Information Technology degree (Queensland University of Technology).
He has also worked as a university lecturer and tutor, and is currently on the teaching staff at the Queensland University of Technology.